incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator report sign-off
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2014 23:12:15 GMT
On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 6:15 AM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
> This is what happens when I write email like this and then go for two weeks
> off of work. Catching up ...

Oh, man! I was about to take a strong and decisive action today ;-)
Seriously -- welcome back into this conversation.

> You make a good point. I have been critical, of late, of projects that have
> N mentors, and only 1 or 2 mentors sign off on a report. However, I think
> you may have changed my perspective here, and I appreciate your insight.

I am really happy we're in agreement on this one. An additional consideration
of using sign-off as a heartbeat function for mentors has been
proposed. Personally,
I'm +0 on it, but was about to start incorporating it into the report mechanics.

Thanks,
Roman.