incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Process over Ego [Was: Re: Incubator report sign-off
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2014 04:25:23 GMT
On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Mattmann, Chris A (3980)
<chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> So, promote those 20 people to ComDev PMC, promote them to ASF
> members, promote them however, my guess is that they *care* about
> the foundation; we want these people helping new projects, and they
> will continue to help those new projects - along with the board - along
> with everyone else.

Thank you! Thank you for saying out loud what has become painfully
obvious for me during the course of my tenure as an IPMC Chair.

Personally, I see this as the only *honest* way forward. But I guess,
IPMC has become too convenient a way for everybody to ignore
the real problem. Including, I am sorry to say this, the board itself.

I think it is time we address it instead of blindly going through the motions.

Thanks,
Roman.