incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Running an experiment with pTLP
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2014 23:14:45 GMT
Please note the change of subject.

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 6:28 AM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
> On 12/19/2014 02:20 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (3980) wrote:
>>
>> What it would do however if we simply did away with the notion of the
>> IPMC/Incubator/etc., is to return to the notion of pTLPs which were
>> proposed earlier which I would most wholeheartedly support.
>

> Having read more, and understood more, and consumed more coffee ...
>
> I wonder if we might implement this proposal with one incoming project, as a
> test, under close observation by the board and the IPMC? Might be seen as
> grossly unfair by the project that remain in the old regime (or, who knows,
> maybe also by the test project), but it might give us some deeper insight
> into whether this fixes anything?

This is very much what others were suggesting on the thread as well.
Given that I'll be mentoring Zeppelin, I'd love to use that as a guinea pig.
Provided, that I'd have some level of collaboration from the board.
Perhaps between three of us (Chris, Rich and I) this is all we need.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Roman.