incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Process over Ego [Was: Re: Incubator report sign-off
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 05:41:49 GMT
On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 7:08 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts <luispo@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 29 Dec 2014, at 18:54, Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> But a move of reporting-to authority does not have to change any of
>> that, does it?
>
> Depends on how much of an anarchist one is :-) and what is meant by authority, too, I
suppose.

> But, to answer the question, I would say, no: it does not. Authority that is vested with
the
> power to execute decisions is needed, at least if one is to engage in any kind commerce.

Well, the modern US corporate structure is really not any more
of an intelligent design than your appendix is. It is actually
interesting to compare hot organizational structure evolved
in countries other than those with roots in prussian military
model and Catholic church.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: it all depends on one's
constraints and whether the system equilibrium is expected
on average or worst case scenarios.

Thanks,
Roman.