incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marko Rodriguez <okramma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] TinkerPop: A Graph Computing Framework
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 23:28:57 GMT
Hello Roman,

First off, thank you everyone for your positive reception. I have been sending over your comments
to our contributors mailing list to give everyone a stoke.

> As one of Giraph devs I really like the idea of having TinkerPop in ASF.

Excellent. Note that we have Gremlin working over Giraph in TinkerPop3 -- part of Hadoop-Gremlin.
	http://www.tinkerpop.com/docs/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/#_olap_hadoop_gremlin
Also, note that Avery Ching is a TinkerPop-Contributor … so its a nice happy family.

> A few questions/points:
>   * could you please post the proposal to:
>         https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TinkerPop Proposal
>      (let me know your wiki ID if you don't have enough karma)

I just created an account and my ID is MarkoRodriguez. Can you give me edit permissions please?
	https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TinkerPopProposal?action=edit

>   * do you guys have a champion and initial set of mentors in mind?

This is what I don't understand. I was on a call with Sam Ruby (cc:d) when the final decision
to submit the proposal to The Apache Foundation was made. I believe he said something along
the lines of: "If no one wants to be a champion for you, I can do it." (or perhaps he said
"mentor").

>   * could you please fill out affiliations section?

I can do that when I put the proposal on the wiki. Apologies, I misunderstood what that section
was asking for. I understand now.

Thank you everyone for your time,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com