incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Incubator report sign-off
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2014 14:49:57 GMT

On 12/21/2014 11:14 AM, John D. Ament wrote:
> I don't particularly like that idea.  For one, I know that if I were to see
> 50%+ of mentors on a project I'm a mentor on sign off on the report, I'm
> probably going to look at things, but not add my signature.  Not out of
> laziness, but in seeing that others are dealing with it as well and my
> signature is just more "noise" on the report.

And as someone reviewing that report, it is *absolutely* not just noise.
It tells me that the mentors are engaged, and that are in tune with what
the podling is doing, and that the podling is listening to their mentors
are are learning the ropes.

Podlings that have 100% mentor signoff indicate that everything is going
perfectly, and there's no reason for concern.

Absolutely not just noise. Take the extra 2 seconds to add your sign off.

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon