incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Incubator report sign-off
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2014 14:21:42 GMT

On 12/19/2014 02:20 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (3980) wrote:
> 1. Incubation yes, Incubator no
>    a. (all Incubator documentation, active folks, etc., become part of the
> pool of [incoming project VP])
>    b. IPMC is dissolved
>    c. We create a new “Incubation PMC” that includes most active members of
> Incubator currently (those who are good at reviewing releases; watching
> projects,
> etc.)
>
> 2. All incoming projects are proposed directly as pTLPs (provisional
> TLPs)
>    - provisional part is defined as:
>     a. 3 members of new Incubation PMC from #1c
> assigned as PMC and potentially VP of incoming project
>     b. PMC += all incoming folks from proposal
>     c. board VOTEs to approve incoming projects
>     d. project retirement happens same as it currently does, with Attic
> support
>
> To me this would solve the problem of AWOL or mentors who don’t sign off.
> Mentoring happens via new Incubation PMC who are assigned
> to the PMCs of incoming pTLPs. Project VP is either one of those
> Incubation PMC
> members, or via Ross’s suggestion below, the most active person
> or “Champion” of the incoming project. The health of these projects are
> monitored
> by the Incubation PMC and reported on monthly directly to the board
> instead of hidden
> inside the Incubator report each month, without sign off. All of the other
> problems
> would seem to go away too IMO.

Hmm. I need to read this a few more times and try to figure out what
this changes. Initially, it sounds like renaming some things. Since I
know you're guy that thinks about these things deeply, I'm obviously
missing something. Can you point me to a thread where this was discussed
in more detail?

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon