incubator-general mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator report sign-off
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2014 19:03:15 GMT
On 22.12.2014 17:42, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> Thus, to me, the choice is really about #1 and #3. So perhaps, the
> path forward is to try #3 first and then, if things don't improve, go
> all the way to #1. Please let me know what do you think.

+1

>> Sure, we might reduce the number of projects coming into the foundation
>> but (IMHO) that is not a problem. Our goal as a foundation is not to be
>> large, it is to be high quality.
> But it is to be high quality on the level of understanding of the 'Apache Way'
> which has very little to do with the quality of code, documentation or any
> other piece of technology.

That's my take as well. Meritocracy; community structure; when to vote
and especially when *not* to vote; requirements for releases, etc. and
the reasons for all of the above are the things that a mentor should be
expected to keep an eye on. Especially at the beginning of incubation,
because bad habits are harder to break later on.

-- Brane