incubator-general mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] TinkerPop: A Graph Computing Framework
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 00:04:07 GMT
Hi Marko,

Take a look at the incubator guide [1] for submitting proposals, in
particular the section explaining the role of the champion [2] and
mentors [3]. You already have 2 ASF members who offered to help as
champions and more than 3 three who offered to mentor. If you have
somebody in particular in mind who didn't offer yet, you could contact
that person directly and ask. It may not be a bad idea to involve the
existing community in the selection.

Then you'd need to post on the wiki and incrementally refine the
proposal to include the feedback you'll get on this thread. Roman
already mentioned the affiliations section. The champion and mentors
will help. The next step will be to submit the proposal for a formal
vote and then... the fun begins, uhm, continues.

Cheers,
Hadrian

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html#template-champion
[3] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html#template-mentors

On 12/17/2014 06:28 PM, Marko Rodriguez wrote:
> Hello Roman,
>
> First off, thank you everyone for your positive reception. I have been sending over your
comments to our contributors mailing list to give everyone a stoke.

>> As one of Giraph devs I really like the idea of having TinkerPop in ASF.
> Excellent. Note that we have Gremlin working over Giraph in TinkerPop3 -- part of Hadoop-Gremlin.
> 	http://www.tinkerpop.com/docs/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/#_olap_hadoop_gremlin
> Also, note that Avery Ching is a TinkerPop-Contributor … so its a nice happy family.
>
>> A few questions/points:
>>    * could you please post the proposal to:
>>          https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TinkerPop Proposal
>>       (let me know your wiki ID if you don't have enough karma)
> I just created an account and my ID is MarkoRodriguez. Can you give me edit permissions
please?
> 	https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TinkerPopProposal?action=edit
>
>>    * do you guys have a champion and initial set of mentors in mind?
> This is what I don't understand. I was on a call with Sam Ruby (cc:d) when the final
decision to submit the proposal to The Apache Foundation was made. I believe he said something
along the lines of: "If no one wants to be a champion for you, I can do it." (or perhaps he
said "mentor").

>>    * could you please fill out affiliations section?
> I can do that when I put the proposal on the wiki. Apologies, I misunderstood what that
section was asking for. I understand now.