incubator-general mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: P. An Excessive Fascination with the Apache Brand
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2014 18:35:59 GMT

> On 22 Dec 2014, at 11:29, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>
> Aren't there loads and loads of presos, webinars, slides
> etc from various ApacheCons and other FOSS conf's which
> detailed the Apache Way?

These would be where? And, if we don’t already have a “place” for them (including just
a gallery of URLs or a Slideshare or equiv. as from a wiki), then let’s? We did this with
OpenOffice.org, and I’m sure others do it all the time with their own projects. It was part
of our Marketing project; localized entries were maintained by the relevant localization group.
The only problem—not entirely trivial—relates to vetting, currency, accuracy. But I think
this could also be dealt with.
louis

PS regarding the Apache Way…. the document that I’ve referred people to that cleanly expresses
it and also the feeling for it is Shane’s.