incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marko Rodriguez <okramma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] TinkerPop: A Graph Computing Framework
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 16:16:20 GMT
Hello Jake,

When talking with Sam Ruby (cc:d) we voiced our concerns about moving all of our infrastructure
over to The Apache Foundation. In particular, our GitHub presence and our public user-mailing
list (i.e. tech support mailing list). I have articulated our concerns in the freshly updated
proposal.

	https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TinkerPopProposal
		Please see "W. Mailing Lists", "Y. Git Repository", and "X. Subversion Directory".

Sam Ruby had stated that using GitHub for source control is an accepted practice now. We can
(though would prefer not to) move our issue tracking to JIRA. Again, we have all been using
GitHub issue tracking for 5 years and are comfortable with its interface. Likewise, we can
(though would prefer not to), move our user mailing list to Apache's mail list system. If
a distinction is made between "user mailing list" (tech support) and "contributor mailing
list" (governance), we can (and would prefer) to move over our "TinkerPop Contributors" mailing
list to ASF as this is where all the legal/political/governance discussion occur and should
be under the purview of ASF.

Thoughts?,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com