incubator-general mailing list archives

From Hendrik Dev <hendrikde...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Johnzon 0.2-incubating release
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2014 09:31:20 GMT
Due to the fact that the release artifacts are not distributed yet i
suggest that we simply start a (new) incubator vote for the release
to resolve the idleness regarding the release process and separate the
general discussion (if necessary) into another thread.

Is that feasible ?

Thanks
Hendrik

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 2:00 AM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
>> Previously there was a clear rule
>> 1.) do the internal vote and if that succeeds
>> 2.) do another VOTE on the general@incubator list.
>
> That's still the rule.
>
> The wider Incubator PMC must be given full opportunity to review any release.
>
> The 2013 Alternate Release Voting Process is not being used right now, but
> even if it was, a VOTE on general@incubator would still be required.
>
> The "send a summary" phrase in the documentation for the Alternate process was
> deliberately copied from the original text to avoid changing any more than
> necessary.
>
>     http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases
>
>     Original:
>
>         If the majority of all votes is positive, then the Podling SHALL send
>         a summary of that vote to the Incubator's general list and formally
>         request the Incubator PMC approve such a release.
>
>     Alternate:
>
>         If the majority of PPMC votes is positive, then the Podling SHALL send
>         a summary of that vote to the Incubator's general list and formally
>         request the Incubator PMC approve such a release.
>
> It is not sufficient to "send a summary".  The podling needs to "formal
> request that the Incubator PMC approve" -- i.e. call a VOTE on
> general@incubator.  The criteria for passing differ under the Alternate
> process, but the general@incubator VOTE has to happen regardless.
>
> Now, we tend to "forward" IPMC votes from the podling dev list, which is
> arguably confusing because it doesn't follow the letter of the law.  But I
> sure hope nobody wants to start failing release VOTEs because some IPMC member
> voted only on the PPMC thread.
>
> Marvin Humphrey

Hendrik Saly (salyh, hendrikdev22)
@hendrikdev22