incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] NiFi for Incubation
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2014 22:29:10 GMT
Andrew - appreciate your comments and offer to assist as a mentor.  Now
that the vote for incubation has kicked off i'm not sure what i'm allowed
to do or not.  Will check will Benson.

For what it is worth I agree Sean raised a great point.  I think it will be
an important part of our community building effort.  And to echo Josh's
point this proposal represents not just our intent to grow the community
outside our current home but rather move homes - to the ASF.  We're very
excited to have this opportunity.

Thanks
Joe

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 5:19 PM, Josh Elser <elserj@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the clarification -- that wasn't how it came across to me.
>

> Andrew Purtell wrote:
>
>> I didn't make an assertion *about* Accumulo, what I said exactly was:
>>
>>          "that Accumulo may or may not suffer from "bifurcation" is
>> debatable"
>>
>> I assert there are two sides to that argument (I've heard them both)​​,
>> merely to suggest that Sean's concerns should not be dismissed as they
>> were.
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Josh Elser<elserj@apache.org>  wrote:
>>
>>  I would tend to disagree with your assertion about Accumulo, but this is
>>> neither the time nor the place to discuss Accumulo's strengths and
>>> weaknesses.
>>>
>>> I'll make the assumption that request to enter incubation is a strong
>>> intent to grow outside of the project's current home.
>>>
>>> +1 (non-binding) for entry
>>>

>>> Andrew Purtell wrote:
>>>
>>>     From what I understand, that Accumulo may or may not suffer from

 We look