incubator-general mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Rolling shepherds?
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:25:16 GMT
On 25 November 2014 at 22:05, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 4:56 PM, John D. Ament <john.d.ament@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I was wondering what everyone thought about the current shepherd program?
>
> Honestly, I think this is one of the most undervalued and underutilized
> program
> we have around here.

Seen from the POW of one who is new around here, it seems a bit like having
a title for the sake of a title.

I understand and value the functions of both "champion" and "mentor" and of
course also the "iPMC". But I fail to see the big difference between being
an official shepherd, and just helping a project.

I am sure I overlooked some of the finer differences, or maybe the titles
have just grown out of history.

I am willing to learn !

rgds
jan i.