incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache DeviceMap from the incubator
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 09:37:57 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 10:12 AM, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
> ...The project seems to have a fine technical base, but the lack of community
> growth is a major concern for me. Would it not be wise to postpone the
> graduation, and get the community to grow first ?...

As Reza says, only two of the initial committers listed at [1] are
part of the upcoming PMC, so one could argue that the community has
rebuilt itself during incubation, which is a good sign for the future
of the project.

That being said, I agree that a PMC with five members is really small,
but my feeling is that due to the project's scope its community will
remain small, and I don't see how staying in the Incubator would help
it grow more than graduating. That's why, as a DeviceMap mentor, I
have recommended graduation.

-Bertrand

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/DeviceMapProposal