incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache DeviceMap from the incubator
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 12:19:04 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 12:46 PM, John D. Ament <john.d.ament@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...   - FWD the [VOTE] e-mail to the general list, or
>    - Send a different copy to the general list indicating that a graduation
>    community [VOTE] is in progress..

Reza has included the vote link in this thread.

> ...   - The resolution
>    <http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#tlp-resolution> should
>    be proposed on the general incubator list
> <general@incubator.apache.org> before
>    a VOTE <http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html> is started...

We discussed this on the devicemap dev list and as several recent
graduations skipped this step I suggested skipping it as well,
indicating that a discussion that derails the vote is not the end of
the world.

The discussion is happening now and that's fine, let's work on
building consensus for graduating now or later, and if needed the vote
can be restarted.

As I explained in this thread already, I'm in favor of graduating now,
even with this small community, and AFAIK Kevan Miller who's the other
active mentor shares this opinion.

-Bertrand