incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Rolling shepherds?
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:05:51 GMT
On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 4:56 PM, John D. Ament <john.d.ament@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering what everyone thought about the current shepherd program?

Honestly, I think this is one of the most undervalued and underutilized program
we have around here.

> It seems like we have some idle shepherds, who maybe don't have the
> bandwidth to help out all the time.  What would everyone thing if we marked
> idle shepherds w/ max_podlings = 0 so that they don't get assigned?

I guess I have to ask -- how do we know that a shepherd is inactive? How
do we know that a lack of a shepherding comment is due to the guy
not doing anything as opposed to nothing standing out.

Thanks,
Roman.