incubator-general mailing list archives

From Srikanth Sundarrajan <srik...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Falcon from the Incubator
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 15:05:16 GMT
Hi Jan,
    Venkatesh Seetharam is extremely active on the project, but couldn't vote on this thread,
while the others have contributed heavily to the project earlier, but haven't been active
in very recent times. The vote result was announced after nearly 4 days of voting as enough
votes have been cast, I am sure all the PPMC members and more developers would have voted
had it run for longer.

Venkatesh Seetharam did express his views on the topic on the discuss thread on the dev-mailing
list that preceded the vote.

Regards
Srikanth Sundarrajan

> Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 15:56:51 +0100
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Falcon from the Incubator
> From: jani@apache.org
> To: general@incubator.apache.org
>
> On 5 November 2014 15:46, Srikanth Sundarrajan <sriksun@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Jan,
> > Venkatesh Seetharam, Sanjay Radia and Rishu Mehrothra, all PPMC members
> > haven't cast their votes. Chris Douglas & Arun Murthy are mentors on the
> > project and have voted +1 and are counted against the binding list.
> >
> so you have 3 PPMC members, who dont cast a vote on one of the most
> important votes for the the project,  sounds a bit strange to me, sounds
> like inactivity.
>

> > Overall affiliations:
> > InMobi: 8
> > Hortonworks: 5
> > Talend: 1
> >
> thanks for a speedy and detailed response. I did expect more spread in the
> community, has there over time been tried to recruit people from outside
> these companies ?
>
> rgds
> jan i.
>

> > Regards
> > Srikanth Sundarrajan
> >
> > > Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 15:36:29 +0100
> > > Subject: Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Falcon from the Incubator
> > > From: jani@apache.org
> > > To: general@incubator.apache.org
> > >
> > > Two questions:
> > >
> > > You list 13 binding +1 votes, no 0/-1, but the PMC list contains 14
> > people.
> > > Was there a person that did not vote ?
> > >
> > > More than half of the new committers are from hortonworks, can you
> > specify
> > > how the total affilation look like (not needed by name, just how many
> [...]
Falcon