incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ryan Blue <b...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Parquet Format (incubating) 2.2.0 RC2
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 16:51:48 GMT
On 11/12/2014 07:06 PM, John D. Ament wrote:
> The use of tags has come up several times on the incubator list in the
> past.  They're not immutable, linking to a tag can be over-written.  Please
> link to the appropriate commit, which in your case is likely
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-parquet-format.git;a=commit;h=6979a6d60a319de6aab0b7743ef5b6a50a2f974e
>
> - John

Thanks for finding the correct reference, John. You're right that the
commit is 6979a6d60a319de6aab0b7743ef5b6a50a2f974e, which can be viewed
at this URL:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-parquet-format.git;a=commit;h=6979a6d60a319de6aab0b7743ef5b6a50a2f974e

This commit corresponds to the contents of the release candidate source
tarball, which you can find here (along with checksums and signature):

   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/parquet/2.2.0-rc2/

For future vote threads, I'll make sure we provide the right commit
rather than a tag or branch reference. Thanks!

rb

> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Ryan Blue <blue@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'd like to propose a vote to release parquet-format-2.2.0-rc2 as the
>> official Parquet Format 2.2.0 release.
>>
>> This release candidate has passed a podling vote, which can be found here:
>>
>> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-
>> parquet-dev/201411.mbox/%3C54613B48.6060602%40apache.org%3E
>>
>> The release candidate, signature, and checksums are available at:
>>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/parquet/2.2.0-rc2/
>>
>> The branch used to create the release candidate is:
>>
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-parquet-
>> format.git;hb=release-2.2.0-rc2
>>
>> KEYS to validate the signature are available at:
>>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/parquet/KEYS
>>
>> Please download, verify, and test.
>>
>> [ ] +1: Release this tag as parquet-format-2.2.0
>> [ ] +0:
>> [ ] -1: This release is not ready because . . .
>>

>> == More details ==
>>
>> This will be the first release from the Parquet project. We are releasing
>> parquet-format first because the other projects (parquet-mr and
>> parquet-cpp) depend on it.
>>
>> This release uses the pre-Apache maven coordinate
>> com.twitter:parquet-format and parquet.* package names. To make the
>> transition to org.apache naming as smooth as possible for downstream
>> projects, we are planning to release a com.twitter artifact immediately
>> followed by an org.apache artifact. These artifacts will be identical
>> except for naming changes:
>>
>> * com.twitter:parquet-format => org.apache.parquet:parquet-format
>> * package parquet.* => package org.apache.parquet.*
>>
>> There are three major changes included in this release:
>> * PARQUET-119: Add encoding stats to ColumnMetaData
>> * PARQUET-79: Streaming thrift API
>> * PARQUET-12: New logical types
>>

>> rb
>>

>> --