incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Drill 0.6.0-incubating release
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 11:18:26 GMT
On 13 October 2014 10:06, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 11:52 PM, Justin Mclean
> <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>> ...However votes on releases are more about the source release and
>> binaries releases are just a convenience so I don't see that as a blocker...
>
> To clarify, the ASF only releases source code - votes on releases are
> not "more" about source, they are *only* about source.

I'm not sure I agree with that.

If the ASF mirrors are used to distribute convenience binaries, AIUI
these must still meet the following basic criteria:
- sigs and hashes must be present
- NOTICE & LICENSE files must agree with the contents of the enclosing tarball
- tarballs must not contain 3rd party artifacts with prohibited licenses

Such things still need checking, surely?