incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Calcite 0.9.1 (incubating)
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 15:59:31 GMT
On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 1:28 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> > First, the signing key is present in SVN, but has not been uploaded to
> the
> > standard key-servers, nor has it been signed by anyone.
>
> I found it here:
> https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=Julian+Hyde&op=index
>
> Even if the key is part of a web trust it may not be part of everyone's
> web of trust. I'd see that as a hard requirement to meet.

Better search fu than I had.  Kudos.

Connectivity completion in graphs is an example of a critical phenomenon.
Even uniformly selected graphs that have average degree above a relatively
small threshold will be completely connected with high probability.  With
power law networks, the threshold also applies. (look up Erdos/Renyi model,
percolation theory and giant components).

The practical effect of this is that having even a handful of signatures on
keys on average will cause a wide-spread web of trust.