incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tomer Shiran <tshi...@apache.org>
Subject [RESULT][VOTE] Graduation of Apache Drill from the Incubator
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2014 06:03:23 GMT
Hi Everyone,

This vote to graduate Apache Drill to a top-level project has passed with 9
binding +1s and no -1s.

Ted Dunning
Jake Farrell
Henry Saputra
Roman Shaposhnik
Bertrand Delacretaz
Chris Douglas
Sebastian Schelter
Steve Loughran
Alan D. Cabrera

This follows a vote on the Drill dev list which passed with 23 +1s. Thanks
to everyone for voting. I will now submit the resolution to the board.

Thanks,
Tomer

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 5:30 PM, Tomer Shiran <tshiran@apache.org> wrote:

> I had the wrong link in here as well as non-Apache emails. Here's the
> correct information.
>
> Correct link to PPMC vote:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-drill-dev/201410.mbox/%3CCAJkA4MF%2B5tWRaoGiimpjB_ixbCQFY%3Dq2oEtzAwmeQTFZpds59g%40mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> Updated resolution with Apache emails:
>
> ---- snip
>
> WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
> the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish a
> Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of
> open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public, related
> to interactive analysis of large-scale datasets.
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee (PMC),
> to be known as the "Apache Drill Project", be and hereby is established
> pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache Drill Project be and hereby is responsible for
> the creation and maintenance of software related to interactive analysis of
> large-scale datasets; and be it further RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice
> President, Apache Drill" be and hereby is created, the person holding such
> office to serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of
> the Apache Drill Project, and to have primary responsibility for management
> of the projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache Drill
> Project; and be it further RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately
> below be and hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of the
> Apache Drill Project:
>
> * Jacques Nadeau <jacques at apache dot org>
> * Tomer Shiran <tshiran at apache dot org>
> * Ted Dunning <tdunning at apache dot org>
> * Jason Frantz <jason at apache dot org>
> * MC Srivas <srivas at apache dot org>
> * Keys Botzum <kbotzum at apache dot org>
> * Julian Hyde <jhyde at apache dot org>
> * Tim Chen <tnachen at apache dot org>
> * Mehant Baid <mehant at apache dot org>
> * Jinfeng Ni <jni at apache dot org>
> * Venki Korukanti <venki at apache dot org>
> * Jason Altekruse <json at apache dot org>
> * Aditya Kishore <adi at apache dot org>
> * Parth Chandra <parthc at apache dot org>
> * Aman Sinha <amansinha at apache dot org>
> * Steven Phillips <smp at apache dot org>
>
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Jacques Nadeau be appointed
> to the office of Vice President, Apache Drill, to serve in accordance with
> and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of
> the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
> disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache Drill Project be and hereby is tasked with the
> migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Drill podling; and be
> it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> Drill podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are hereafter
> discharged.
>
>
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Tomer Shiran <tshiran@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> We wrapped up the vote on the Apache Drill dev list in which the
>> community expressed its desire to graduate to a top-level project. That
>> vote passed with 23 +1s (http://bit.ly/1tcrHVS) and 0 -1s (including the
>> project's mentors, PMC members and committers, as well as IPMC members).
>>
>> This is a new VOTE to decide if Apache Drill should graduate from the
>> Incubator. Please VOTE on the resolution pasted below the ballot. I'll
>> leave this VOTE open for at least 72 hours (October 24, 9:30pm PT).
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> [ ] +1 Graduate Apache Drill from the Incubator.
>> [ ] +0 Don't care.
>> [ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache Drill from the Incubator because.. .
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tomer
>>
>> ---- snip
>>
>> WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
>> the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish a
>> Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of
>> open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public, related
>> to interactive analysis of large-scale datasets.
>>
>> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
>> (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Drill Project", be and hereby is
>> established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that the Apache Drill Project be and hereby is responsible for
>> the creation and maintenance of software related to interactive analysis of
>> large-scale datasets; and be it further RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice
>> President, Apache Drill" be and hereby is created, the person holding such
>> office to serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of
>> the Apache Drill Project, and to have primary responsibility for management
>> of the projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache Drill
>> Project; and be it further RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately
>> below be and hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of the
>> Apache Drill Project:
>>
>> * Jacques Nadeau <jacques at apache dot org>
>> * Tomer Shiran <tshiran at apache dot org>
>> * Ted Dunning <tdunning at apache dot org>
>> * Jason Frantz <jasondfrantz at gmail dot com>
>> * MC Srivas <mcsrivas at gmail dot com>
>> * Keys Botzum <kbotzum at maprtech dot com>
>> * Julian Hyde <julianhyde at gmail dot com>
>> * Tim Chen <tnachen at gmail dot com>
>> * Mehant Baid <baid.mehant at gmail dot com>
>> * Jinfeng Ni <jinfengni99 at gmail dot com>
>> * Venki Korukanti <venki.korukanti at gmail dot com>
>> * Jason Altekruse <altekrusejason at gmail dot com>
>> * Aditya Kishore <adityakishore at gmail dot com>
>> * Parth Chandra <pchandra at maprtech dot com>
>> * Aman Sinha <asinha at maprtech dot com>
>> * Steven Phillips <sphillips at maprtech dot com>
>>
>>
>> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Jacques Nadeau be appointed
>> to the office of Vice President, Apache Drill, to serve in accordance with
>> and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of
>> the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
>> disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that the Apache Drill Project be and hereby is tasked with the
>> migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Drill podling; and be
>> it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
>> Drill podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are hereafter
>> discharged.
>>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message