incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Drill 0.6.0-incubating release
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 11:51:30 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 1:18 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>... If the ASF mirrors are used to distribute convenience binaries, AIUI
> these must still meet the following basic criteria...

I tend to agree and wanted to make sure this is clearly documented, so
I reread the following:

  http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html

I think the key point that the /dev page makes is that

>> Any redistribution must obey the licensing requirements of the contents

so you are right that our binary redistributions need to be checked as
well, but as far as incubating projects are concerned it is IMO vital
to get things right for the source releases first, and make sure
podlings understand the difference between source code releases and
convenience binaries.

-Bertrand