incubator-general mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Convenience Binary Policy
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:53:14 GMT
I understand the resolution as follows:

Releases are for source only. The source can have a dependency on JBurg which the user would
download themselves if they are installing from source. I guess we should include instructions
to install from Source, so that’s an option for users. But we’d include a link so they
could install using “convenience packages” as well.

Any “convenience packages” would be hosted outside and not be part of the official release
process. The installer which would install the SDk along with Falcon and JBurg would fall
in that category and be hosted on Github. Since the installer is not an “official Apache
release”, it could be modified on Github as much as we want with no voting required.

Harbs

On Oct 23, 2014, at 3:42 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> The easiest might be to host the Flex installer outside of Apache
>> Flex, as a separate project where its contributors are free to do
>> whatever.
>
> I may be missing something here but I'm not sure that solves any issues. It's not the
installer than needed to be modified but what it what it was installing that needed to be
modified ie the FlexJS release. It's the FlexJS release has tthe dependancy on JBerg not the
installer.