incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Taverna workflow
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2014 18:03:01 GMT
We should ask the same questions to projects and I don't see this question of infrastructure
asked very often. So I raised it.

David of course is doing great and I just saw some of this as can be worked out during incubation

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 25, 2014, at 10:46 AM, "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> It's a requirement for the ASF to support its projects. Understanding what impact each
project coming into the incubator might have is important to allow VP Infra to plan for our
growth. David did not ask if Manchester will be donating resources, he asked what do they
currently provide and what does the project think they will need from the ASF.

> For the record, I am familiar with Taverna from a previous life. It's is interesting
to see this proposal coming to the ASF.  The first time this was discussed with the University
of Manchester was many years ago. The conversation occurred every couple of years, each time
with different people, but never progressed to a proposal. Given the answers in this thread
things have changed quite considerably since then.