incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Uploading a release
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 21:05:13 GMT

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#release-distribution.

> I read those steps, but was still confused. To this reader, https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/foo
is a web URI, not a directory. I gather that via subversion it maps to a directory on a server
somewhere and that using some svn incantations I can make it map to a directory on my local
machine. But those incantations are not clear unless you are well versed in the subversion
and Apache’s implementation of it.

Well I think the ASF's implementation of subversion should be pretty
standard - if for no other reason than Subversion is an Apache
Project. :)
That said - you are probably correct about it being unclear to someone
not intimately familiar with the process, and I'd love to see a patch
to fix that.

--David