incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: New Committers not showing up on people.a.o
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 02:16:12 GMT
On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 7:31 PM, P. Taylor Goetz <ptgoetz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Ted, Andrew, and sebb,
>
> FOAF files were one of first thing I checked, but I don't have a FOAF file, yet I (ptgoetz)
am still listed as a member of Storm on p.a.o.

> I can confirm that some of the new members have commit rights to our git repo, but still
aren't listed as members on p.a.o.

> The whole process seems a bit like voodoo. Is it different post graduation?
>
> Since building community is paramount to Apache projects, I want to make sure we know
exactly how to deal with setting up new members prior to graduation.

> If it would help, I'd be glad to help document it for the incubator once I know what
the actual process is.

> -Taylor

Sebb is right - it's the svn auth piece (asf-auth-template) that
calculates a lot of that for podlings . Git access is based on LDAP -
and is much more coarse (so anyone in the incubator group can commit
to any incubator project's git repo.) which is why your committers
haven't had an issue.

--David