incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Tooling friendly incubator report
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 21:33:13 GMT

On Sep 3, 2014, at 2:11 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com>
> wrote:
>
>> So how about creating the web form but having it generate text which can be
>> inserted into the wiki template?  That would allow us to tune the web
>> interface without committing to the new format.
>>

> +1
>
> A simple interface to copy/paste the entire podling report or by section
> and also for mentors to sign off would be a bit of an improvement over the
> current system.
>
> I don't see much attraction to manually editing YAML or JSON.

+1 too

You may recall earlier in this thread I mentioned that I'm writing some tooling for editing
and report generating in:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/panopticon

This is by no means the only way we can modify this file.  The idea is to be tool agnostic
and "let a hundred flowers bloom”.

The whole point in getting this information into YAML is to make the data accessible and freely
available to what ever tooling is out there.

Regards,
Alan