incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Falcon 0.5-incubating - RC5
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2014 05:37:46 GMT
Hi,

I agree for jquery license header, and I forgot to check the headers (I
tested with rat-plugin). My mistake.

Regards
JB

On 09/14/2014 10:59 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry but it's -1 (binding) from me.  Everything is good except that the jQuery has had
an Apache license header added to it.  (in ./html5-ui/js/jquery-1.11.0.min.js) If other incubator
members think this isn't a blocker I'll change my vote.

> jQuery is MIT licensed [1] so should be treated the same as the other bundled MIT bits
and put in LICENSE. (If the license could be changed to Apache then this would needed to have
been mentioned in NOTICE.)

> Here's what I checked:
> - File name contain incubating
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - LICENSE and NOTICE good (older version of bootstrap is handled correctly, if newer
version is used than LICENSE would need to change)
> - All source files contain Apache header
> - No unexpected binary files in release
> - Can compile from source
>
> Minor issues you may want to fix for the next release.
> - License has:
>    This product bundles dust-helpers 1.2.0, which is available under a
>    MIT license. For details, see docs/license/dust-LICENSE.txt
>
>   Which should be this:
>    This product bundles dust-helpers 1.2.0, which is available under a
>    MIT license. For details, see docs/license/dust-helpers-LICENSE.txt
>
> - A RELEASE_NOTES listing changes from previous version/list of bugs fixed would be helpful.
> - To compile you need to set MVN_CMD, add this to installation instructions.
> - Looks like a packaging issue in the process directory with a directory named "${system.lib.location}"
>
> Would also be nice if at all possible if you could compile with Java 1.7 rather than
1.6 as 1.6 has been EOLed

> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1. https://jquery.org/license/