incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project swag store to benefit the ASF
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2014 18:15:16 GMT
P. Taylor Goetz wrote:
> Is there any precedent or best practice for setting up a project swag
> store on something like cafe press?

The closest OpenOffice came to this is simply by listing reorder links
to promotional material here:
http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/art/galleries/logos/index.html

But this is for volunteers attending events rather than for the general
public, as explained at the top of that page.

> I need to place an order, but I would also like to allow others to
> order items, and I would like any proceeds to go to the ASF.
> Any suggestions?

In our case we simply link to a vendor for convenience, but we make it
clear that "This is only one of many merchants that can provide this
kind of service and is not specifically endorsed by the Apache Software
Foundation".  There are no agreements with this vendor (i.e., all money
goes to the vendor).

Regards,
   Andrea.