incubator-general mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Uploading a release
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 20:18:07 GMT
Hi Julian,

It’s basically a matter of doing an svn checkout of https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/optiq/
and committing the files there. So for this release you would have a subdirectory named “apache-optiq-0.9.0-incubating-rc1”.

You also want to have your KEYS file there as well. For reference, you can look at the structure
for Storm’s releases [1]. Once the files are committed there, the mirrors will start to
sync. You also want to allow at least 24 hours for the mirrors to sync before announcing the
release publicly.

On the maven artifact side, you just need to log into Nexus, select the optiq artifacts and
click the “release” button.

-Taylor

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/storm/

On Sep 4, 2014, at 4:01 PM, Julian Hyde <julian@hydromatic.net> wrote:

> The release vote Optiq 0.9.0 passed over a week ago. I have the bits ready and staged
[1] [2]. Now I have to publish the release.

> I’ve read http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#understanding-upload.
I now “understand upload” in an abstract sense but am none the wiser.

> What should I actually do to publish the release? I suspect that 3 or 4 svn commands
are sufficient but I can’t guess what they might be.

> (My experience being an Apache podling so far… one grueling fight after another against
the infrastructure. This is just the latest chapter.)