incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Drill 0.4.0-incubating release
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 15:18:59 GMT
Hey guys,

Sorry I didn't see Henry and Justin's comments until just now.  Per
Justin's primary concerns about the License stuff: I think we've just made
mistakes in the notice and license files as to exactly how we reference
things.  All the category B licenses are mvn binary dependencies (per the
third party dependencies rules), not source inclusions.   To address
Justin's concerns, I've created the following JIRAs which we'll fix
straight away: DRILL-1274 and DRILL-1275 along with adding additional
requirements to DRILL-1271 in addition to Henry's previous notes on NOTICE
file.

Given the following:

   - The mistakes are issues with documentation as opposed to invalid
   source inclusions
   - The vote was held open for 72 hours before being called
   - Release artifacts are already on the mirrors
   - This is a developer preview release with small distribution designed
   primarily to expand the contributor community
   - We plan on doing another release within a month where these can be
   corrected.

I'm going to go forward with this release.

Thanks again to everyone for all the helpful feedback.  I believe we are
making good progress.

Jacques