incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Drill 0.4.0-incubating release
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 19:44:28 GMT
Hey Ted,

Those SNAPSHOT dependencies are a bit misleading.  Because Drill is so
closely coupled to the Optiq and Parquet codebase, we need to generate
separate artifacts.  As part of doing monthly releases, it is unfeasible to
bind Drill releases to incorporating of all patches into upstream projects.
 You can think of this as similar to how, for years, HBase released on top
of a modified (non-released) Hadoop due to special requirements for append.

As such, while slightly outside typical maven conventions, those SNAPSHOT
are fixed and will not change in the future.  The github hashes for each
changeset are as follows:

parquet-format:
https://github.com/jacques-n/incubator-parquet-format/commit/7001502877e0cfbf81d429656989057ccc5fafb2
parquet-mr:
https://github.com/jaltekruse/parquet-mr/commit/737500cbabd009eee065058fff2ccc8cc806c5b2
optiq:
https://github.com/jacques-n/optiq/commit/4508b617bd3ffed2840055fe16e6684e1c0a35d7

Hopefully this satisfies the need to document the source references for
third party dependencies within the Apache Drill 0.4.0 release.

thanks,
Jacques