incubator-general mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mentors heartbeat
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2014 18:07:30 GMT
On 24 August 2014 19:54, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> > What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  Having the board
> report in machine readable formats provides the same advantages as that
> afforded incubator reports.
>
> If these machine readable reports work out, I see no reason why they would
> not, then I predict an explosion of tool driven processes, e.g. release
> voting, podling acceptance and graduation votes, etc.

I think you forget one important factor...the human one, to make the board
reports in yaml, we need to convince the board, and I not convinced they
have a futuristic view as you have. You might also find, just a small
number of course, people who resist to using svn and want git, so we might
end up with split data.

But I do agree with your POW, and would like to more automated processes.

rgds
jan i.