incubator-general mailing list archives

From Arvind Prabhakar <arv...@apache.org>
Subject Please Review: IP Clearance for Sqoop Contribution
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2014 15:38:28 GMT
Dear IPMC:

Recently Dell Software volunteered the donation of a sizable codebase that
was built as an extension of Sqoop project. The Sqoop PMC decided in favor
of including this codebase and the VOTE thread [1] and RESULT [2] are noted
below for your reference. The work was performed over the next few months
under the task SQOOP-1287 [3] and was completed on June 29, 2014.

The Sqoop PMC did due diligence with respect to obtaining the necessary
software grant and ensuring the ownership rights to the codebase etc, we at
the time did not fill the IP clearance template as we went along. We now
have that template filled out and ready for review at [4].

Please take a moment to review [4] for completeness and accuracy and
provide your feedback and suggestions as necessary.

[1] http://s.apache.org/vEF
[2] http://s.apache.org/Dws
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-1287
[4] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/sqoop-quest-data-connector.html

Regards,
Arvind Prabhakar

PS - Please note that this email is cross-posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org,
so please reply-all to ensure that the Sqoop dev list is in the loop for
this discussion.