incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mentors heartbeat
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 17:26:37 GMT
On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 5:56 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just want to point out  that lack of activity may mean lack of issues that need dealing
with not that a mentor gone awol.

Right. And that's why technical side of things (like YAMLizing report, etc.) is
a prerequisite for enabling us to track things like AWOL and react accordingly.

On that note, how about if we *at least* start tracking mentor signing off
on the reports? IOW, we will make it mandatory for *all* mentors (not just
one) to read/sign off, with an assumption that if that minimum level of
activity couldn't be detected -- there's clearly something not quite right.

We can then, start tracking missed sign off in the Mentor Activity section
of the report. If we have somebody who hasn't showed up for a 3 straight
month -- that's when IPMC would try to intervene.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Roman.