incubator-general mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Websites, WebApps, and Release Policy
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 05:52:34 GMT
On 26.08.2014 00:24, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> This strikes me very similar to providing access to daily SNAPSHOT binary
>> artifacts. I would argue that labeling it appropriately is all you
>> need.
> Except that is this case the intended audience of the application is users.

Bloodhound has maintained two VMs that host publicly available
development snapshots since it was a podling, and still does today, more
than a year after it graduated. The situation is exactly the same; the
snapshots are clearly marked as "development work in progress", the
sources of the running instances are freely available from SVN to anyone
with a web browser. There has never been any confusion as to whether
these snapshots are an ASF Release or not.

-- Brane