incubator-general mailing list archives

From Richard Frovarp <rfrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lack of releases with Droids
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2014 19:42:37 GMT
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 4:14 AM, John D. Ament <john.d.ament@gmail.com> wrote:
>> One of the issues raised by droids was their name search.  I volunteered on
>> their list to help them with the name search.
> Sure. And I really appreciate you helping them with that struggle.
>
> Still it doesn't explain the lack of released. Hence my question
> to the mentor community.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

A lot of wind was taken out of the sails in the fights to get the IPMC
votes necessary to finish a release. We had two votes, but needed to
request several times for help getting that third vote. For those that
did help us out, thank you. However, the whole process wasn't fun or
easy. With most every other PMC, you're going to have enough interested
parties to chip in and help get that release out, without asking for
votes for well over a week.

That in my opinion killed releases, which helped kill development. That
makes growing a community difficult. I RM'd the two releases, and I
really don't feel like doing a 3rd.