incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Blur version 0.2.3-incubating RC2
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 02:15:15 GMT
On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 9:31 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>> Apache Blur isn't under the [new] alternate process, if that's what
>> you're referring to.  I'm still under that impression [as one of the
>> mentors] that we require 3 binding IPMC votes.
>
> I may be mistaken but I thought it required 3 +1 binding votes on the podling dev list
and then 3 +1 IPMC votes on this list for a release? [1]

> I read "+1 votes" as "+1 binding votes" in  [1]. Anyone want to clarify?

It requires 3 +1 votes on the podling list, they then bring it here
for the 3+1 *binding* votes. In our case we got 4 total +1 {2 IPMC
members; 2 PPMC members} and came here for the third binding vote.  I
think the Aaron was precise in his usage of "+1 votes" and "+1 binding
votes". Mine and Patrick's vote carry through here leaving us 1 shy of
3 binding +1 votes from IPMC members. I'm not seeing the point of
confusion here.

Thanks,
--tim