incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Incubator exit criteria
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2014 06:05:12 GMT
On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 1:18 AM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think its something like "If a podling is over a year old and not
> done a release then retire it".

Almost. What is being proposed is not an immediate retirement,
but rather a vote. So it should really read: "If a podling is over a
year old and not done a release then start a discussion of
retiring the podling"

> As i've said i don't think thats a
> very good rule and doesn't seem like its really been thought through
> properly. For example, its kept saying that the podling would go to
> the ASF Attic but the Attic is only for TLPs so retired podlings don't
> go there.

That's actually the part of the thread that I have a lot of interest in.
Is there any reason not to use attic for hibernated podlings?

> How about before adding a new rule to the policy page we just try it
> with a few of the old podlings first to see what happens and from that
> find what sort of rule might work?

That would be fine too.

Thanks,
Roman.