incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Argus Proposal
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 02:38:47 GMT
This statement might not be quite right:

> Even within Hadoop complex eco-system, each components have limited or no
security controls.

How do you define the 'Hadoop complex eco-system'? If that definition
includes projects such as HBase, we have significant security controls, so
that wouldn't be a correct statement. Not sure those working on Accumulo,
or the combination of Hive+Sentry would agree with that statement either.

It's not necessary to survey the Hadoop ecosystem before incubating of
course, or even after, but it sounds like that might be a good idea.