incubator-general mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [IP CLEARANCE] BigCouch updates to Apache CouchDB
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 10:37:42 GMT

Thanks! I’ve updated what I can, I’m waiting on the archives to notice the couchdb vote
thread that I just started.

B.

On 26 Jul 2014, at 16:50, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:

> Hi Robert:
>
> This looks generally acceptable - there are some items that are
> missing in the form that I'd think would be helpful if added;
> especially years down the road.
>
> Specifically:
>   Identify name recorded for software grant: the name of the grant as
> record in the grants.txt  document so that the grant can be easily
> identified
>
> and;
>   Verify distribution rights
>
>   Corporations and individuals holding existing distribution rights:
>
>   For individuals, use the name as recorded on the committers page
>
> Also - there should be (at the end of the 72 hour period) two votes
> listed at the bottom of the page FWIU. The first is the vote by the
> project to accept the contribution and the second is this thread.
> Brief browsing of the past month or so of dev@couchdb didn't reveal a
> discussion of this; though I admit I looked quickly and not
> thoroughly.
>
> --David
>
> On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Robert Samuel Newson
> <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I’m asking for IP clearance to begin for the code donation from Cloudant, an IBM
company, to the Apache CouchDB project for our continued work on the BigCouch codebase. As
noted in the document at https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/couchdb-bigcouch2.html
this is the last year or so’s worth of developer effort. This will be merged to couchdb
to form part of the 2.0 release. From that point onwards, new work by Cloudant will be conducted
within the ASF repositories and on the ASF mailing lists.

>> I included the message from secretary@ acknowledging Cloudant’s CCLA with completed
Schedule B for this donation.

>> This begins the 72 hour voting period.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Robert Newson
>> Apache CouchDB PMC / ASF Member
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: James Carman <jcarman@apache.org>
>>> Subject: Re: Cloudant CCLA for BigCouch IP Clearance
>>> Date: 26 July 2014 13:43:10 BST
>>> To: Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org>
>>> Cc: secretary@apache.org, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org>, Robert
Samuel Newson <rnewson@apache.org>

>>> Dear Adam Kocoloski,
>>>
>>> This message acknowledges receipt of the following document, which has been filed
in the Apache Software Foundation records:

>>> CCLA from Cloudant, an IBM Company for Benjamin Anderson, Benjamin Bastain, Russel
Branca, Robert Dionne, Paul Davis, Robert Frazier, Adam Kocoloski, Brian Mitchell, Robert
Newson, Mike Rhodes, Perry Stoll, Joan Touzet, Mike Wallace