incubator-general mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Sirona 0.2-incubating
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 03:29:29 GMT
On 26 June 2014 12:37, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> The font files in resources/fonts. Any idea where they come from or how they
are licensed? If they are ALv2 or similar then there is no issue.
>> coming from boostrap which is MIT
>
> Looking at the font metadata I don't see a MIT license only a URL [1] and a copyright
- "Copyright © 2013 by Jan Kovarik. All rights reserved". Checking the URL it look like the
halflings regular font isn't normally free or redistributable.

> However it is packaged with bootstrap. [2] Note that you it does ask for a link back
to the glyphicons URL. It doesn't say anything about redistribution rights which may or may
not be an issue - probably not. Anyone with actually legal knowledge have an opinion?

See http://glyphicons.com/license/
which says " Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0) "

I hope we can use that. If not so many projects here @apache have
illegal distributions :-)

>> I don't get the point to duplicate my key again here :-)
> Just to make it easier for peopel with limited time to test - but as I said it is not
required.

>> so are you using: mvn clean install (or something else?)
> "mvn clean compile" actually and today it seems to be working. "mvn clean install" hangs
on a test for me. It might be good to add this info to the README. Not a blocker to release
but other users may run into similar issues.

make sense, I will

As you asked for changelog, that's here:
http://sirona.incubator.apache.org/docs/0.2-incubating/jira-report.html

> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1. http://www.glyphicons.com