incubator-general mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Sirona 0.2-incubating
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 00:35:36 GMT
On 25 June 2014 17:25, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry I been a bit busy with travel and other releases over the last few weeks.
>
> -1 binding due to vote issues, NOTICE and binaries in source release.
vote details below

binaries in source release?? (you mean from
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/sirona/0.2-incubating/src/sirona-0.2-incubating-src.zip
)
what are the binaries???

> I checked:
> - missing VOTE RESULT and can't tell if there are 3 +1 binding votes or not. There are
4 +1 votes on of which one is not  binding but unsure re the others. Only one of the +1 votes
is listed as a PMC member here [1] and the project is not listed here [2].

There are currently 2 IPMC votes from: jbonofre and olamy
http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html#jbonofre
http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html#olamy

> - artefact name includes incubating
> - signatures and md5 hash all good
> - DISCLAIMER present
> - LICENSE correct
> - NOTICE file includes too many things (see below)
> - binary files in source release (see bleow)
> - can compile from source
> - test failed (JavaAgent) - up to you if you think this is an issue or not
>
> In the NOTICE file you have:
>  SB Admin Theme (Apache)
>  Twitter bootstrap (MIT)
>  Bootstrap datetimepicker (Apache)
>  Table sorter (MIT)
>  JQuery (MIT)
>  JQuery Flot (MIT)
>
> As per [3] there is not need to modify the NOTICE file when bundling permissive licenses.

Why is it blocker??

Already here: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/sirona/

> - add "apache" to the release artefact name
> - not sure that DEPENDANCIES is needed
> - probably no need for LICENSE and LICENSE.txt
> - Is year 2008-2013 correct in NOTICE file?
> - No README (how to compile) or RELEASE_NOTES (changes form last version)
> - init-git-svn.sh and siteDeploy.sh scripts are missing license header
> - sb-admin.css  missing license header
>
> The test failed with this error:
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-shade-plugin:2.1:shade
(default) on project sirona-javaagent: Error creating shaded jar: /Users/justinmclean/Documents/Sirona0.2/apache-sirona-0.2-incubating/agent/performance/aop/target/classes
(Is a directory) -> [Help 1]

maybe you are using maven 2.x

> Thanks,
> Justin