incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Celix as TLP
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 12:57:24 GMT

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 9:32 PM, Marvin Humphrey <> wrote:
> Here's current Board member Bertrand Delacretaz in 2012:
>     People come and go, so to be realistic I'd say you need at least five
>     active PMC members at graduation time, so as to get three votes when
>     needed, with some "spares". Mentors staying on board can of course
>     count in those five....

Thanks Marvin for digging this up, and yes I still agree with myself ;-)

The board might or might not object to graduation but regardless it
would IMO be much better to have at least one more PMC member,
otherwise the board might have to step in if the PMC becomes too
small, and it would most probably do so without much context about the
project which is far from ideal.

A simple solution to that is for at least one of the mentors to stay
on the new PMC, would one of them agree to do that? It doesn't mean
you have to be very active, but at least stay there just in case.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message