incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Celix as TLP
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 22:17:28 GMT
On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:

> Four is a very small number for a PMC.  I've commonly heard people argue that
> five should be the cutoff.  If just two people move on, the project won't be
> able to make releases.
>
> My personal feeling is that small PMCs are OK when at least one member has
> been added during incubation (demonstrating openness) and when the project has
> been around for years with stable core personnel who are unlikely to
> disappear.  But four is still really low, and it wouldn't surprise me if
> the Board objected.

Personally, I don't feel this is a big deal. The PMC size is appropriate
given the overall project size. That said, I'd like to make two points:
   * in general, for a smaller project like Celix I'd like to encourage folks
     to consider PMC == committers
   * if anybody actually had prior examples of board raising it as an issue,
     I'd appreciate seeing pointers to the discussions

Thanks,
Roman.