incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tez graduation [Was: Request for mentor assessment]
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 04:48:33 GMT
On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 9:44 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
<vinodkv@apache.org> wrote:
> I see two threads here
>  - Concerns about graduation of Apache Tez project w.r.t diversity based on the PPMC
html page
>  - Community related threads about things like whether diversity is a hard requirement
or how
> to grow communities.
>
> AFAICT, Hitesh's latest information on the state of the members of the team
> (and the updated page) should allay any concerns on diversity.
>
> If people disagree, we can continue this thread along that discussion. If not, we can
close this topic as the graduation discussion/vote proceeds here and elsewhere.

> The other threads may be valuable but OT IMHO and so are better forked into their own
threads.

I personally think both are very closely related. Like I said, to
me the diversity thread is really in support of the thesis that
the project is capable of growing a community outside of
a forcing function of a single employer.

That said, I haven't done the due diligence to form my personal
opinion one way or another. I am going to do it this week.

Thanks,
Roman.