incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: Request for mentor assessment
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 04:31:50 GMT
> This is one of the questions, I'd like to explore in greater details: are
> we comfortable with having "professional student" projects in the
> incubator?

student" podlings are inconsistent with the idea that the Incubator is a
process that should result in graduation or termination.

> In the case of Wave, it really strikes me as odd that the community is not
> capable of even a single release in more than 3.5 years:
>    http://incubator.apache.org/wave/downloads.html
>
> This suggests that ASF is being used as a GitHub of sorts. Are we comfortable
> with this?

Speaking for myself, no. I'd be uncomfortable having a specific deadline
for graduation, but a podling that's not making progress towards
graduation (in general, not pointing a finger specifically at Wave here)
should be terminated.

Best,

jzb
--