incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] json as new incubator project
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2014 08:46:33 GMT
On 1 Jun 2014, at 0:31, Justin Mclean wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> About the name any proposition is welcomed. I though to "brace" BTW.
>
> Apache Argonaut sounds good but I assume that name is in common use so
> perhaps Argus (the ship builder), or perhaps Fleece?

I actually once wrote an article called "Json and the golden fleece"
(just in german),
so I would like this reference too.

I was a little bit involved in that JSR (not very active to be honest)
and developed
a JSON component myself before the JSR was in the making, so I have an
interest in it.
Unfortunately I have very limited time to help actively. Anyway if there
is trouble
to finding an additional mentor, I will step up.

On the proposal i see two sections called "initial committers" and one
"core developer". I would like to suggest to remove the section "core
developer" and on of the "initial committers" blocks.

I would like to also suggest to look into Noggit:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/noggit/
which is more or less used in a later form in Solr.

As sponsoring entity it might even make sense to look at Apache Commons,
as the component will be small.
It would also relax the naming problem, as it would most likely be named
Apache Commons Json then.

Cheers,
Christian

> Thanks,