incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Sirona 0.2-incubating
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 03:46:18 GMT
Hi,

> See http://glyphicons.com/license/
> which says " Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0) "

Not sure that applies - that's for the free version which doesn't include the Halflings font.

> I hope we can use that. If not so many projects here @apache have
> illegal distributions :-)

I don't think it an issue, just being thorough. Most likely the right thing to do would be
to acknowledge the fonts copyright.

Where to add it is a little tricky and depends if you think it MIT licensed or not, if MIT
then add to LICENCE (as permissive licences are not added to NOTICE), if you take it as being
licensed by info in the fonts metadata (not unreasonable IMO) then add to the NOTICE. Others
with more experience in such matters may correct me on this.

Just he issue JIRA to sort in a future release.

> As you asked for changelog, that's here:
> http://sirona.incubator.apache.org/docs/0.2-incubating/jira-report.html

Again not a blocker, but that usually put into the RELEASE_NOTES or CHANGELOG, something to
consider for a future release.

Thanks,
Justin